We provide services to assist with the design and integration of component parts of the DP system and vessel-wide systems for Dynamically Positioned vessels.
Compilation of reports or specifications relating to:
- Preparation of design schematics and classification submission documents
- Original design research for switchboard layouts, bridge layouts and DP operations
- Standby work for equipment installation and build process
- Attendance as Owner Representative for DP and Automation System factory acceptance tests to ensure the correct level of automation process is delivered.
- Preparation of Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) for the vessel to be approved by the Classification Society, Builder and Owner.
- Preparation of the Sea Trials Test Programmes to verify the conclusion of the FMEA
- The conduct of the sea trials test programme
- Final analysis for the vessel upon completion of the sea trials
- Integration work for complete vessel systems
- FMEA & Annual DP trials and customer acceptance trials
Guidelines for the design and operation of DP vessels (IMO MSC/Circ 645)
IMCA guidelines – M103, M104 (Methods of establishing the safety and reliability of DP systems), M154 (Power Management System Study), M166 (Guidance on Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), M04/04 (Methods of establishing the safety and reliability of DP Systems)
Classification Society Rules as required ABS, DNV, BV, Lloyds, CCS